UCare Health Ride
UCare Health Ride provides no-cost transportation to and from your medical appointments for eligible UCare members.
Call 1-800-864-2157 to schedule a ride.
Health Ride is open 7 am – 8 pm, Monday – Friday. Please schedule your ride two days before your appointment.
If you do not speak English or are hearing impaired, please contact UCare Customer Services.
Enjoy your independence
Take the bus, light rail or train
Passes for public transportation are available to members who live in the seven-county Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and many cities outside the metro. Please contact Health Ride 7 to 10 days before your scheduled appointment for passes. Public transportation passes will be mailed to you.
Drive yourself, and get your mileage reimbursed
Call your county worker for more information on mileage reimbursement.
Get a little extra help
If public transportation doesn’t work for you or if you need more assistance, Health Ride has special options for you.
Specialized transportation services
Wheelchair vans and stretcher vehicles are available. Call Health Ride to determine need.
Taxi cabs and volunteer driver programs
Call Health Ride to determine need and availability.
Are you eligible?
The following UCare plan members are eligible for Health Ride. To find the name of your UCare plan, check the front of your insurance ID card and look for “Care Type.”
- Families and Children
- Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP)
- Children on MinnesotaCare
- Minnesota Senior Care Plus (MSC+)
- UCare Connect
- UCare Connect + Medicare
- UCare’s Minnesota Senior Health Options
- Adults on MinnesotaCare (limited to colonoscopy and mammogram services)
Health Ride does limit distance
- Your primary care appointment can be a maximum of 30 miles from your home.
- Your specialty care appointment can be a maximum of 60 miles from your home.
- If you live in a rural area without a primary care clinic within 30 miles or a specialty care clinic within 60 miles, call Health Ride to discuss.