people power is here for you.
New special enrollment opportunity: February 16 – July 16, 2021
A new Special Enrollment Period is now available through MNsure until July 16 to help you get comprehensive health coverage. If you missed enrolling in health coverage last fall, you now have a chance to get covered during the public health emergency. You also can enroll in a plan now if you have coverage with a policy not purchased on MNsure. This means you might be eligible for financial help that’s only available through our state’s marketplace.
We’re the health plan simplifiers who make individual and family plans clear and simple. And we also have the top plan on MNsure with the largest network and some of the lowest rates around.
Enrollment opportunities after July 16
You may still qualify to enroll in a health plan through a Special Enrollment Period if you've lost your job, had a baby, moved to the area or experienced other life changes.
What you need to know
You can sign up for a health plan within 60 days of experiencing a qualifying life event, like:
- You or your dependent loses employer-sponsored coverage
- Your COBRA coverage comes to an end
- There’s been a change to a dependent’s status, such as turning 26 years old and losing coverage through a parent’s plan
- Your household size changes because you got married, had a baby or adopted a child
- You lose private health coverage enrolled in through MNsure due to divorce, legal separation or death
- You lose coverage in Medical Assistance (Medicaid) or MinnesotaCare (MnCare) or other government-sponsored coverage
- You gain citizenship status making you newly eligible for a qualified health plan
- You made a permanent move to Minnesota from elsewhere or within Minnesota to a new county or zip code
- You were released from serving a term in prison or jail
- You were enrolled in coverage outside of MNsure and income decrease makes you eligible for tax credits
You may qualify for a subsidy to help lower the cost of your monthly plan premiums and out-of-pocket costs. Even more Minnesotans may now qualify for financial help as a result of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. Talk with a UCare simplifier to learn more or go to mnsure.org to see if you qualify.
We’re here to help
Need help finding the plan that’s best for you?
Call a UCare simplifier at 1-855-307-6975 or (TTY 1-800-688-2534) Monday – Friday,
Work with a broker to help you select and enroll in a plan on MNsure.
Find a broker in your area