UCare Connect (SNBC)
UCare Connect is a Special Needs BasicCare program that provides health care coverage to adults with certified disabilities.
Questions? Please call UCare at 612-676-3554 or 1-800-707-1711 toll free
(TTY: 612-676-6810 or 1-800-688-2534 toll free), 8 am to 5pm Monday-Friday.
Are you eligible?
You can join UCare Connect if you:
- Have a certified disability.
- Are at least age 18 and under age 65.
- Have Medical Assistance with or without Medicare Parts A and B.
- Live in the 62-county UCare Connect service area.
See the map for the counties in the UCare Connect service area.
UCare Connect Service Area Counties
Lac qui Parle
Lake of the Woods
Current Members - Important Information
With UCare Connect, you can get:
- No premium to join the plan.
- No deductibles.
- Free basic membership through SilverSneakers® Fitness at more than 13,000 participating fitness locations nationwide. For a full list of participating locations, visit SilverSneakers.
- Connect to fitness discounts on Community Education classes and a wellness kit for working out at home.
- Dental Care for U benefits that includes access to the UCare Dental Connection, a one-stop-shop for all your dental scheduling and coordination needs.
- The ability to join or leave the program whenever you like.**
- Dedicated providers in the UCare Connect network who understand and know how to treat your unique needs.
- UCare's Health Ride service, which offers qualified members transportation to and from services covered by UCare.
- Other benefits provided by UCare Connect that are not available to those with Medical Assistance Fee-for-Service (PDF).
**If you choose to leave, you will be enrolled through the last day of the month.
UCare Connect Care Management
When you join UCare Connect, a team of health care professionals will be dedicated to helping you meet your health and wellness goals. You will be assigned a care navigator, who can help you:
- Identify or change your primary care clinic, or primary care provider.
- Learn about preventive care, such as annual physical exams, vaccinations, and screenings.
- Enroll in a disease management program if you have asthma, diabetes, or heart failure, and you meet the program criteria.
- Get information regarding programs so you can start exercising, quit smoking, prepare for a baby, or take other steps to improve your health.
Other care management team members, such as a case coordinator or complex care nurse, may also work with you as needed.
Is a primary care clinic, dentist, or case management facility accessible to people with disabilities?
Targeted Case Management Providers Accessibility Survey Results (2014)
Find helpful information about the access features of case management providers in our network.
Dental Accessibility Survey Results (2018) (PDF)
Discover information about the access features of dental clinics in our network.
Primary Care Clinics Accessibility Survey Results (2010) (PDF)
Look up information about the access features of primary care clinics in our network.
SNBC_012517 DHS Approved (01252017)