UCare Connect (SNBC)
UCare Connect is a Special Needs BasicCare program that provides health care coverage to adults with certified disabilities.
Questions? Please call UCare at 612-676-3554 or 1-800-707-1711
(TTY: 612-676-6810 or 1-800-688-2534), 8 am - 5pm Monday - Friday.
Are you eligible?
You can join UCare Connect if you:
- Have a certified disability.
- Are at least age 18 and under age 65.
- Have Medical Assistance with or without Medicare Parts A and B.
- Live in the 62-county UCare Connect service area.
See the map for the counties in the UCare Connect service area.
UCare Connect Service Area Counties
Lac qui Parle
Lake of the Woods
Current Members - Important 2020 Information
Search the Minnesota Health Care Programs List of Covered Drugs (Formulary)
2020 UCare Connect Member Handbook (PDF)
2020 UCare Connect Provider and Pharmacy Directories (PDF)
Questions and Answers about Health Care Directives (PDF)
With UCare Connect, you can get:
- No premium to join the plan.
- No deductibles.
- Free SilverSneakers® Fitness gym membership at all participating fitness locations, visit SilverSneakers for more information.
- Up to a $15 discount on most Community Education classes in Minnesota (limits apply).
- Save up to $200 a month at participating grocery stores with Healthy Savings. Shop and save when you buy select healthy foods including milk, whole-grain bread, lean meat, eggs, yogurt, fruits, vegetables and more.
- Access to the UCare Dental Connection, a one-stop-shop for all your dental scheduling and coordination needs.
- Support from UCare’s Keep Your Coverage program, which offers Medical Assistance renewal support for continuous coverage.
- The ability to join or leave the program whenever you like.**
- Dedicated providers in the UCare Connect network who understand and know how to treat your unique needs.
- UCare's Health Ride service, which offers members transportation to and from services covered by UCare.
- Other benefits provided by UCare Connect that are not available to those with regular Medical Assistance (PDF).
**If you choose to leave, you will be enrolled through the last day of the month.
UCare Connect Care Management
When you join UCare Connect, a team of health care professionals will be dedicated to helping you meet your health and wellness goals. You will be assigned a care navigator, who can help you:
- Identify or change your primary care clinic, or primary care provider.
- Learn about preventive care, such as annual physical exams, vaccinations, and screenings.
- Enroll in a disease management program if you have asthma, diabetes, or heart failure, and you meet the program criteria.
- Get information regarding programs so you can start exercising, quit smoking, prepare for a baby, or take other steps to improve your health.
Other care management team members, such as a case coordinator or complex care nurse, may also work with you as needed.
Is a primary care clinic, dentist, or case management facility accessible to people with disabilities?
Dental Accessibility Survey Results (2018)
Discover information about the access features of dental clinics in our network.