Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP)
PMAP is a health care program that pays for medical services for low-income adults, children, and pregnant women.
UCare provides PMAP coverage in 38 Minnesota counties: Anoka, Blue Earth, Carver, Chippewa, Cottonwood, Dakota, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Hennepin, Houston, Isanti, Jackson, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Lake of the Woods, LeSueur, Lincoln, Lyon, Martin, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Olmsted, Ramsey, Redwood, Rice, Rock, St. Louis, Scott, Sibley, Swift, Washington, Watonwan, Winona, Wright and Yellow Medicine.
PMAP helps members get the care they need to be healthy. This includes coverage for hospital stays, physician services, rehabilitation services, and preventive care. To qualify for PMAP, you must meet income and other eligibility requirements.
UCare has been serving people enrolled in PMAP since 1985.
Current Members - Important Information
Choose UCare as your health plan for PMAP, and take advantage of these programs and services:
- Up to $20 back on your monthly fitness club fees, if you attend frequently*
- UCare's Health Ride service, which offers qualified members transportation to and from services covered by UCare
- Dental Care for U benefits that includes access to the UCare Dental Connection, a one-stop-shop for all your dental scheduling and coordination needs
- Free car seats for eligible members who are pregnant or are children up to age 8
- A large network of health care providers
- Rewards for parents, children, and pregnant women who stay up-to-date on check-ups, screenings, and shots
- Disease management programs for members with chronic conditions
- A free quit smoking program
- Access to our other great health and wellness programs and tools
*At participating fitness clubs. Only available for PMAP and MinnesotaCare members 18 years of age and older. PMAP and MinnesotaCare members under 18 are eligible for fitness kits.
How to Enroll
You can apply:
- online through MNsure,
- download a Minnesota Health Care Programs application, or
- contact your county Human Services office for assistance.
Visit the Minnesota Department of Human Services website for more information.
For more information about UCare and our programs and services, please call us at
612-676-3200 or 1-800-203-7225 toll free.
TTY machine users call 612-676-6810 or 1-800-688-2534 toll free.
PMAP_050417_1 DHS Approved (05092017)