MinnesotaCare is a health care program that pays for medical services for adults and children in Minnesota who don't have affordable health insurance. MinnesotaCare helps people get the care they need to be healthy. This includes coverage for preventive care, physician services, and rehabilitation services.
UCare provides MinnesotaCare coverage in 55 counties: Anoka, Big Stone, Blue Earth, Carver, Chippewa, Cottonwood, Dakota, Douglas, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Grant, Hennepin, Houston, Isanti, Jackson, Kanabec, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Lake of the Woods, LeSueur, Lincoln, Lyon, McLeod, Martin, Meeker, Morrison, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Olmsted, Pipestone, Pope, Ramsey, Redwood, Renville, Rice, Rock, St. Louis, Scott, Sibley, Steele, Stevens, Swift, Todd, Traverse, Wadena, Waseca, Washington, Watonwan, Winona, Wright and Yellow Medicine.
To qualify for MinnesotaCare, you must meet income and other eligibility requirements. MinnesotaCare members pay a monthly premium for health coverage. This premium amount depends on your family's income.
Current Members - Important 2020 Information
Search the Minnesota Health Care Programs List of Covered Drugs (Formulary)
2020 MnCare Provider and Pharmacy Directories (PDF)
Questions and Answers about Health Care Directives (PDF)
MinnesotaCare premiums should not to be mailed or delivered directly to UCare. For more information on how to pay your MinnesotaCare premium visit the Minnesota Department of Human Services website.
Choose UCare as your health plan for MinnesotaCare, and take advantage of these helpful programs and services:
- Up to $20 back on your monthly fitness club fees, if you attend frequently*
- Transportation to and from mammograms and colonoscopies for eligible members
- Access to the UCare Dental Connection, a one-stop-shop for all your dental scheduling and coordination needs
- Free car seats for eligible children up to age 8
- A large network of health care providers
- Rewards for parents and children who stay up-to-date on check-ups, screenings, and shots
- Disease management programs for members with chronic conditions
- A free quit smoking program
- Save up to $200 a month at participating grocery stores with Healthy Savings. Shop and save when you buy select healthy foods including milk, whole-grain bread, lean meat, eggs, yogurt, fruits, vegetables and more.
- Discounts on health and wellness services and alternative medicine practitioners through WholeHealth Living™.
- Up to $15 off most community education classes.
- Access to our other great health and wellness programs and tools
*At participating fitness clubs. Only available for PMAP and MinnesotaCare members 18 years of age and older. PMAP and MinnesotaCare members under 18 are eligible for fitness kits.
How to Enroll
You can apply:
You can also call MinnesotaCare to get an application at 1-800-657-3672 or 651-297-3862 (Twin Cities metro). TTY: 1-800-627-3529.
Or you can write to MinnesotaCare at:
P.O. Box 64838
St. Paul, MN 55164-0838
Visit the Minnesota Department of Human Services website for more information.
For more information about UCare and our programs and services, please call us at
612-676-3200 or 1-800-203-7225.
TTY: 612-676-6810 or 1-800-688-2534.