UCare Connect + Medicare (SNBC) (HMO SNP)
UCare Connect + Medicare (Special Needs BasicCare) provides health care coverage to Minnesotans with certified disabilities. It combines the benefits and services of Medicare and Medical Assistance.
Questions? Please call UCare at 612-676-3554 or 1-800-707-1711 toll free
(TTY: 612-676-6810 or 1-800-688-2534 toll free), 8 am to 8 pm daily.
Are you eligible?
You are eligible to join UCare Connect + Medicare if you:
- Have a certified disability.
- Are at least age 18 and under age 65.
- Have Medical Assistance and Medicare Parts A and B.
- Live in the 11-county UCare Connect + Medicare service area -
Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Olmsted, Ramsey, Scott, Sherburne, Stearns, Washington and Wright.
See the map for the counties in the service area.
Current Members - Important Information
Search the 2019 UCare Connect + Medicare Formulary
2019 Prescription Drug (Part D) Information
2019 Evidence of Coverage (PDF)
2019 Annual Notice of Changes (PDF)
2019 Summary of Benefits (PDF)
2019 UCare Connect + Medicare Provider and Pharmacy Directories (PDF)
Plan Rating Information (PDF)
With UCare Connect + Medicare, you get:
- One card for medical, dental and prescription drug coverage.
- One phone number to call for health plan questions.
- A free basic membership through SilverSneakers® Fitness at more than 13,000 participating fitness locations nationwide. For a full list of participating locations, visit SilverSneakers.com (external site).
- Discounts on Community Education classes and a Connect to Wellness kit for working out at home.
- The UCare Dental Connection, your one-stop shop for all your dental scheduling and coordination needs.
- Dental care aboard the UCare Mobile Dental Clinic when it’s in your area.
- The UCare 24/7 nurse line, so you know where to go when you’re not feeling well.
- Resources for maintaining eligibility during Medical Assistance renewal cycles.
- Get rides to and from medical and dental appointments through our Health Ride service, if you qualify (rides to the fitness center are not covered).
Keep Your Coverage Program
As a UCare member, you may occasionally need to complete and return Minnesota Health Care Programs/Medical Assistance (MA) renewal forms sent to you by your county. Below are a few resources for completing your renewal.
- List of county phone numbers and addresses (external site) - Your county is a great place to start when you have Medical Assistance renewal questions.
- Disability Hub MN (external site) - Metropolitan Center for Independent Living offers up-to-date information about community resources related to people with disabilities, including housing and benefits referral, through the Disability Hub MN.
If you have any questions about keeping your UCare membership active, call us at 612-676-3438 or 1-855-307-6978 toll free, 8 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday, TTY: 612-676-6810 or 1-800-688-2534 toll free.
Opt-in to Receive Non-Plan Information (online form)
Complete this form to receive updates about state or federal legislation, grassroots advocacy, community activities, and more.
Part D Coverage Determinations, Appeals, and Grievances
Find out how to make a complaint if you have concerns about your Part D coverage.
Medicare Complaint Form (external site)
H5937_100117 DHS Approved (11012017) CMS Approved (11212017)