Enroll in UCare's MSHO
You have three options for enrollment:
Online Enrollment Form
- You'll need your Medical Assistance ID number, Medicare number and an email address to get a validation code.
- If you need more time, you can save your progress and finish the application later. Access your in-progress application through a link in the original validation email.
Call for Assistance
Call us today to talk with a licensed
612-676-3554 or 1-800-707-1711,
8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday.
Sales Kit Materials
UCare’s MSHO has been approved until December 31, 2021, by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a non-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality.
If you do not speak English, please call 1-800-707-1711 (TTY 1-800-688-2534) to request this information in other formats or languages.
You must read this information before you enroll in UCare's MSHO.
- UCare’s MSHO is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and the Minnesota Medical Assistance (Medicaid) program to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees. Enrollment in UCare’s MSHO depends on contract renewal
- This plan is available to individuals who are age 65 or over, receive Medical Assistance (Medicaid) from the state, have Medicare Parts A and B and live in the service area
- You must use network providers except in emergency or urgent care situations, open access services, out-of-network dialysis services or any other services previously authorized. If you obtain routine care from out-of-network providers, neither Medicare nor UCare will be responsible for the costs
- Eligible beneficiaries can enroll at any time, effective the first of the following month. You must pay your Medicare Part B premium unless it is paid for by the state. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply
- Because you have Medical Assistance, you qualify for and are getting Extra Help to pay for your prescription drug premiums and costs. If you have questions about Extra Help, call:
- 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- The Social Security Office at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) 7 am - 7 pm, Monday - Friday; or
- Your state Medicaid office
- Copays and coinsurance may vary based on the level of Extra Help received. Contact the plan for further details
- Eligible beneficiaries must use network pharmacies to access their prescription drug benefit, except under non-routine circumstances. Quantity limitations and restrictions may apply
- UCare has contracts with pharmacies that equal or exceed Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements for pharmacy access in your area
- Find information about Coverage Determinations, Appeals, and Grievances