UCare's Minnesota Senior Health Options (HMO SNP)
UCare’s Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) provides seniors in Minnesota who are age 65 and older with health care coverage. It’s a health plan that combines the benefits and services of Medicare and Medical Assistance. Each member gets quality care that meets their needs.
Questions? Please call UCare at 612-676-3554 or 1-800-707-1711 toll free.
(TTY: 612-676-6810 or 1-800-688-2534 toll free), 8 am to 8 pm daily.
Are you eligible?
You can join UCare’s MSHO if you:
- Are 65 years of age or older.
- Receive Medical Assistance from the state.
- Have Medicare Parts A and B.
- Live in a county in the UCare’s MSHO service area
See the map for the counties in the service area.
UCare's MSHO Service Area Counties
Lac qui Parle
Lake of the Woods
Current Members - Important Information
Search the 2019 UCare's MSHO Formulary
2019 Prescription Drug (Part D) Information
2019 Member Handbook (PDF)
2019 Annual Notice of Change (PDF)
2019 Summary of Benefits (PDF)
2019 UCare's MSHO Provider and Pharmacy Directories (PDF)
Plan Rating Information (PDF)
With UCare’s MSHO, you benefit from:
- No premium to join the plan.*
- No deductibles.
- Coverage of Medical Assistance copays.
- A free basic membership through SilverSneakers® Fitness at more than 13,000 participating fitness locations nationwide. For a full list of participating locations, visit SilverSneakers.com (external site).
- Discounts on Community Education classes.
- The option to receive our Strong & Stable Kit.
- Preventive and restorative dental services that are not covered by Medical Assistance.
- Access to the UCare Dental Connection, your one-stop shop for all your dental scheduling and coordination needs.
- A helpful care coordinator.
- The UCare 24/7 nurse line, so you know where to go when you’re not feeling well.
- Rides to and from medical and dental appointments through our Health Ride service, if you qualify (rides to the fitness center are not covered).
- Rewards for staying up to date on tests and screenings.
*You must pay your Medicare Part B premium unless it is paid for by the state.
UCare’s MSHO Care Coordination
You don’t have to figure out your health care benefits on your own. When you enroll in UCare’s MSHO, a care coordinator will help you understand your benefits and work with you to make a care plan. The care plan helps make sure you get the health care you need. Your care coordinator also will:
- Schedule your appointments.
- Talk to your doctors.
- Order medical equipment.
- Arrange for services to help you stay in your home.
- Help you get different levels of care.
- And much more.
Opt-in to Receive Non-Plan Information (online form)
Complete this form to receive updates about state or federal legislation, grassroots advocacy, community activities, and more.
Part D Coverage Determinations, Appeals, and Grievances
Find out how to make a complaint if you have concerns about your Part D coverage.
Medicare Complaint Form (external site)
H2456_100117 DHS/CMS Approved (10052017)