UCare's Minnesota Senior Health Options (HMO D-SNP)
UCare’s Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) provides seniors in Minnesota who are age 65 and older with health care coverage. It’s a health plan that combines the benefits and services of Medicare and Medical Assistance. Plus gives you all the additional UCare benefits. Each member gets quality care that meets their needs.
Questions? Please call UCare at 612-676-3554 or 1-800-707-1711.
(TTY: 612-676-6810 or 1-800-688-2534), 8 am to 5 pm Monday - Friday.
Is MSHO right for you?
You can join UCare’s MSHO if you:
- Are 65 years of age or older.
- Receive Medical Assistance (Medicaid) from the state.
- Have Medicare Parts A and B.
- Live in a county in the UCare’s MSHO service area
See the map for the counties in the service area.
UCare's MSHO Service Area Counties
Lac qui Parle
Lake of the Woods
Current Members - Important 2020 Information
Search the 2020 UCare's MSHO Formulary
2020 Prescription Drug (Part D) Information
2020 Member Handbook (PDF)
2020 Annual Notice of Change (PDF)
2020 Summary of Benefits (PDF)
2020 UCare's MSHO Provider and Pharmacy Directories (PDF)
Plan Rating Information (PDF)
Current Members - Important 2019 Information
Search the 2019 UCare's MSHO Formulary
2019 Prescription Drug (Part D) Information
2019 Member Handbook (PDF)
2019 Annual Notice of Change (PDF)
2019 Summary of Benefits (PDF)
2019 UCare's MSHO Provider and Pharmacy Directories (PDF)
Plan Rating Information (PDF)
With UCare’s MSHO, you benefit from:
- No premium or deductibles.*
- Free SilverSneakers® Fitness gym membership at participating fitness locations nationwide. For a full list of participating locations, visit SilverSneakers.com (external site).
- Up to $15 discount on most community education classes in Minnesota.
- The option to receive our Strong & Stable Kit.
- Additional dental coverage – two crowns per year, tissue conditioning for dentures and a new electric toothbrush every three years.
- Access to the UCare Dental Connection, your one-stop shop for all your dental scheduling and coordination.
- $450 annual benefit for bathroom safety equipment - grab bars, handheld showers, bath seats and raised toilet seats.
- Anti-glare lens coating on glasses. One every 2 years.
- Independent living skills training for members with an Elderly Waver. Two hours per month for 6 months.
- A helpful care coordinator.
- The UCare 24/7 nurse line, so you know where to go when you’re not feeling well.
- Free transportation to and from medical, dental and pharmacy visits through UCare's Health Ride.
- No-fee transportation to AA and NA meetings for members with substance use disorder. One round-trip per day.
- $25 reward for completing an annual exam.
*You must pay your Medicare Part B premium unless it is paid for by the state.
UCare’s MSHO Care Coordination
You don’t have to figure out your health care benefits on your own. When you enroll in UCare’s MSHO, a care coordinator will help you understand your benefits and work with you to make a care plan. The care plan helps make sure you get the health care you need. Your care coordinator will:
- Schedule your appointments.
- Talk to your doctors.
- Order medical equipment.
- Arrange for services to help you stay in your home.
- Help you get different levels of care.
- And much more.
Opt-in to Receive Non-Plan Information (online form)
Complete this form to receive updates about state or federal legislation, grassroots advocacy, community activities, and more.
Part D Coverage Determinations, Appeals, and Grievances
Find out how to make a complaint if you have concerns about your Part D coverage.
Medicare Complaint Form (external site)