Choosing a Medicare plan
There’s a lot to consider when choosing a Medicare plan. We’re here to help you pick a plan that’s right for you
Need Help? Call 1-888-285-2323 (TTY: 1-800-688-2534), 8 am to 8 pm seven days a week.
Things to think about before you choose a Medicare plan
Which Medicare plan is right for you depends on your health needs, budget and lifestyle. Here are some things to think about as you explore plans:
Answering these questions can help you compare plans and see if they meet your needs. For example, if you’re not taking prescription drugs regularly, a plan with a higher Part D deductible and lower monthly premium might make more sense. If you take medications more often, you may be better off paying a higher premium for a plan that covers the drugs you take.
- How often do I travel and need coverage when I’m away from home?
- Do I want my plan to cover extras like routine vision, dental and hearing care?
- Do I want my plan to include fitness, health and wellness benefits?
- How often do I visit my doctor each year?
- Do I take prescription drugs on a regular basis?
- Does the plan cover the prescription drugs I take?
- Do I want to keep my same doctors and clinics?
- How much can I afford to pay for health care each year?
- Would I rather pay a higher premium and pay less when I need care?
- Or would I prefer a lower premium and pay more for care when I need it?
Need help to pay your Medicare premiums?
You may qualify for a program that can helps. See if you’re eligible to get help with Medicare costs (external link).
Before you enroll
Health benefits and costs vary by plan, so be sure to shop and compare before you buy. Always check the plan’s list of covered drugs and provider network before you sign up. You’ll want to be sure your medications are covered and that you can visit the doctors and clinics you want.
We’re ready when you are. Take the next step.
If you’re new to Medicare, this is a good place to start. You’ll learn about the four parts of Medicare and what they cover. You’ll also find out when to enroll.
What’s the right plan for you? That depends on your health needs, your budget and your lifestyle. Here you’ll find tips to choose the right plan.
We offer UCare Medicare plans throughout Minnesota. You can choose the level of coverage you need and find a plan that includes extras like dental, hearing and vision benefits.
Find a Medicare Meetup
We’re holding Medicare Meetups all across the state. Here’s your chance to talk with our licensed Medicare experts and learn more about UCare Medicare plans.
H0422_Y2459_092718_7_M CMS Accepted (10012018)