Community Grant Application Process
Thank you for visiting the UCare Foundation site. We are not currently accepting proposals.
Please check back for further updates. In the meantime, we invite you to learn about our funding guidelines and read our grant history.
The UCare Foundation uses a secure, online grant management system for grant applications and the management of awarded grants. Application materials, grantee reports, and other grant-related materials must be submitted using the online system.
Returning users should logon using your email address and password. Please do not create a second user account. There is a system prompt if you need a password reminder.
Your user account ID is your email address.
The registration process
The registration process includes four sections:
- Organization information
- Your individual user information
- Executive officer information
- Choosing your individual user password
Required registration information is noted in the . Because you will not be able to save a partial registration to complete at a later time, you should gather all required information before beginning the registration process.
The application page
After you have completed the registration process, you will be directed to the Application Page. On the left side of the screen you will see two options beneath the “Request” heading:
Dashboard – (Application Status Page) This screen is your home page where you can check the status of your grant. This page will display the form you just completed, the status of the form, and the next form in the process.
Apply – (Application Page) This screen lists the available grants and is the portal to apply for a grant. We recommend that you watch the before using the online grant management system.
Please review your application carefully before submitting it, as changes cannot be made after submission. A confirmation email will be sent when your application is received.
Direct questions to:
The review process
- Community grant applications receive preliminary review by Foundation staff to determine if a proposal falls generally within giving guidelines.
- UCare staff investigate each proposal and, if necessary, request additional information. The UCare Foundation Council makes all final funding determinations.
- If an application falls outside the geographic or programmatic purview of the UCare Foundation, the Foundation will notify the applicant immediately by letter and the application will receive no further consideration.
- Applicants will receive written notice of the Council’s decision by Aug. 31, 2015.
Conditions of grant
Grant recipients must complete a the grant agreement before the Foundation will release the grant funds. Grantees are required to participate in an on-site visit, and to submit interim and final reports. Reporting requirements are modeled after the Minnesota Common Reporting Forms and include financial reporting.