We're here for you.
UCare will cover costs for hospital services to treat COVID-19
We are covering coinsurance, copays and deductibles for members who receive in-network hospital services to treat COVID-19 through May 31, 2020. We will continue to track the situation and determine whether to extend this coverage beyond May 31.
How to connect with us during COVID-19
UCare is working closely with state leaders and public health authorities to keep our members, employees and communities safe. To protect against the spread of the virus, we’ve closed our doors for now. Although we can’t meet with you face to face, you can still reach us by phone and online.
COVID-19: What's covered?
We’re helping to contain the spread of the virus by removing barriers to testing and care. As the COVID-19 situation changes, we’ll adjust our policies and coverage as best we can to protect our members and the community. Your UCare plan will cover:
- Tests: Copays, coinsurance or deductibles for doctor-ordered COVID-19 tests for UCare members.
- Services: Copays, coinsurance or deductibles for medically necessary clinic, urgent care and emergency room services when you receive a COVID-19 test in network, or out of network if in-network services aren’t available.
- Hospital services: Coinsurance, copays and deductibles when you receive in-network hospital services to treat COVID-19 through May 31, 2020. We will continue to track the situation and determine whether to extend this coverage beyond May 31.
- Vaccines: We will follow CDC guidance on how to cover the vaccine when it becomes available.
- Medications: If you are a Medicare or Individual & Family plan member, we will cover a 90-day supply of maintenance medications and early refills. To reduce exposure to the virus, we encourage you to use Express Scripts mail order services, home delivery services from your retail pharmacy if available, or delivery through CVS or Walgreens.
For other plans, the state of Minnesota limits medications to a 30-day supply. We are working with state leaders to ease these requirements as needed.
- Supplies: Medicare plan members can use their Healthy Savings over-the-counter benefit to purchase preventive care items such as masks, gloves or hand sanitizers at participating stores.
- Wages and non-health care costs: UCare cannot cover lost wages or non-health care costs you may experience as a result of COVID-19.
Information in other languages