We're here for you.
UCare discounts Individual & Family and Medicare plan premium payments by 20% in July and August 2020; removes copays for Medicare members’ primary and mental health care throughout the pandemic. For all members, inpatient hospital service coverage is extended through September 2020.
Premium and coverage changes are in effect during the federal and state public health emergencies.
COVID-19 premium payment relief
For July and August 2020, Individual & Family and Medicare plan members’ premium payments will be discounted by 20%.
COVID-19: What's covered?
We’re helping to contain the spread of the virus by removing barriers to testing and care. As the COVID-19 situation changes, we’ll adjust our policies and coverage as best we can to protect our members and the community. Your UCare plan will cover:
- Tests: Copays, coinsurance or deductibles for doctor-ordered COVID-19 tests for UCare members.
- Services: For Medicare members, copays for primary care and mental health services for the duration of the public health emergency. For all members, copays, coinsurance or deductibles for in-network clinic, urgent care and emergency room visits when you receive a COVID-19 test.
- Hospital services: Copays, coinsurance and deductibles when you receive in-network, inpatient hospital services to treat COVID-19 through September 2020.
- Vaccines: We will follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on how to cover the vaccine when it becomes available.
- Medications: We will cover a 90-day supply of maintenance medications (except for controlled substances or specialty drugs for Medicaid members). Medicare and Individual & Family plan members can also get early refills. To reduce exposure to the virus, we encourage you to use Express Scripts mail order services, home delivery services from your retail pharmacy if available, or delivery through CVS or Walgreens.
- Supplies: Medicare plan members can use their Healthy Savings over-the-counter benefit to purchase preventive care items such as masks, gloves or hand sanitizers at participating stores.
- Health Club Savings reimbursements: UCare has revised some requirements for Health Club Savings reimbursements until fitness clubs reopen. More information is available on the Health Club Savings page.
How to connect with us during COVID-19
UCare is working closely with state leaders and public health authorities to keep our members, employees and communities safe. To protect against the spread of the virus, we’ve closed our doors for now. Although we can’t meet with you face to face, you can still reach us by phone and online.
Information in other languages