We're here for you.
UCare discounted Medicare plan premium payments by 20% in July, August and October 2020. Individual & Family plans received premium payment discounts of 20% in July and August 2020. Medicare members’ primary and mental health care will be fully covered through the end of the year. For all members, COVID-19 testing services are covered without cost share during the federal and state health emergencies, and cost share for inpatient hospital and observation treatment of COVID-19 is waived through 2020.
COVID-19 premium payment relief
For July and August 2020, Individual & Family and Medicare plan members’ premium payments will be discounted by 20%. Medicare members received an additional 20% premium payment discount in October.
COVID-19: What's covered?
We’re helping to contain the spread of the virus by removing barriers to testing and care. As the COVID-19 situation changes, we’ll adjust our policies and coverage as best we can to protect our members and the community. Your UCare plan will cover:
- Tests: Copays, coinsurance or deductibles for doctor-ordered COVID-19 tests for UCare members.
- Services: For Medicare members, copays for covered primary care and mental health services for the rest of 2020. For all members, copays, coinsurance or deductibles for in-network clinic, urgent care and emergency room visits when you receive a COVID-19 test.
- Hospital services: Copays, coinsurance and deductibles when you receive in-network observation and inpatient hospital services to treat COVID-19 through 2020.
- Vaccines: We will follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on how to cover the vaccine when it becomes available.
- Medications: We will cover a 90-day supply of maintenance medications (except for controlled substances or specialty drugs for Medicaid members). Medicare and Individual & Family plan members can also get early refills. To reduce exposure to the virus, we encourage you to use Express Scripts mail order services, home delivery services from your retail pharmacy if available, or delivery through CVS or Walgreens.
- Supplies: Medicare plan members can use their Healthy Savings over-the-counter benefit to purchase preventive care items such as masks, gloves and hand sanitizers at participating stores.
How to connect with us during COVID-19
UCare is working closely with state leaders and public health authorities to keep our members, employees and communities safe. To protect against the spread of the virus, we’ve closed our doors for now. Although we can’t meet with you face to face, you can still reach us by phone and online.
Information in other languages